What to pack?
Together with some previous Erasmus students, we made a list of things you should not forget to take with you.
- an internet cable and a switch (although there's wifi in the dorms, too)
- warm clothes for winter (the average temperature in January is -3°C, but can also reach -12°C)
- a window cover for sleeping (there're no blinds on the windows in dorms, only plastic jalousie)
- a pair of comfortable shoes for traveling and for stone pavement in Olomouc
- some essential medicaments (it is easy to catch cold in winter)
- Czech dictionary
- maybe an extra phone for a Czech simcard (we will sell some simcards during Orientation week as part of ESN pack)
- a bottle opener
- a shopping backpack (there is Globus shopping centre 15 minutes away from Neředín dormitory - to which you can only walk a no tram or bus goes there - or Šantovka shopping centre that is 10 minutes away from Envelopa dormitory)
- a camera
- a swimsuit and flipflops if you wish (trust us, there are also hot days in September and June)
- a padlock for locking your backpack/luggage in case you will travel and stay in hostels